Learn French in FranceExperience the real language and culture of France
Vivre et apprendre chez votre professeur
- 30 Years of ExperienceTens of thousands of bespoke language courses successfully designed and delivered
- InCover™ IncludedComprehensive protection for hosts and students. Always included and always free.
- Fully Accredited CoursesFor assured quality and peace of mind
Overview - Learn French in France
This is the ideal way to make rapid progress in French, relaxing in the home of a French tutor and their family.
Your French in a Teacher’s home course is designed for you, at your level and delivered to your needs. You will be impressed at just how quickly your confidence grows as your French improves: one-to-one home tuition with homestay in your teacher’s house, is the most effective way to develop language skills in a short period of time.
You can choose to have 15, 20, or 25 lessons per week with your own private host teacher (each lesson lasts 60 minutes). Excursions can also be taken with the teacher where relevant to the course.
Who is it for? Learn French in France
For French language learners who have the basics and want to make progress, as well as more advanced students who want to work on colloquial language and pronunciation.
Don’t worry too much about your level as on your first day, your tutor will assess your level of grammar listening comprehension and oral fluency and design a course according to your objectives. Out of lessons, you will have the opportunity to practise what you have learnt. So it is ideal for motivated learners who want to get the most out of living and being immersed in a French speaking environment.
Key Facts - Learn French in France
- One-to-one lessons from an experienced French tutor
- A course delivered just for your needs and interests
- Outside formal lessons, social excursions and activities help to develop your real language skills
- Cultural immersion to help you understand the language more
- Choose your starting dates – every Sunday, all year round
Course Content - Learn French in France
Select 15, 20, 25 or 30 lessons per week. In addition, you would normally be given between one and two hours' work to prepare for the next day's lessons. Each lesson is 60 minutes.
Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses in languages, so everyone’s level is slightly different. Your courses will cover the core skills: speaking, listening, grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, reading and writing.
Sample Course Timetable
|Sunday||Arrival||Arrival and settling in||Dinner and meeting the family|
|Monday||Needs analysis & course design. French grammar review||Discover the local area||Traditional Soupe à l’oignon supper. Presentation preparation|
|Tuesday||Presentation delivery. Pronunciation & fluency focus||Diary writing & punctuation. Free time in the local area||Dinner & relax with family. Visit to the local Café|
|Wednesday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving French writing skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit to the coast||Dinner & relax with the family. Enjoy a typical plateau de fromages. Presentation preparation|
|Thursday||Presentation delivery. Focus on discourse markers||Focus on grammar & accuracy. Free time in the local area||Dinner & film night with the family. Diary writing|
|Friday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving listening skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit le chateau d’o||Dinner & relax with the family. Evening walk|
|Saturday||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Dinner & relax with the family. Diary writing|
Course Features - Learn French in France
- You progress more when in your are in a relaxed and hospitable atmosphere
- Quality homestay accommodation with private study bedroom
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner included
- Choose 3, 4 or 5 lessons of one-to-one French per day
- Choose your starting dates – every Sunday throughout the year
- If you have a friend or a colleague whose standard of French and needs are similar to your own, two students can share the lessons for a considerably reduced cost
Locations in France
We have quality host tutors in the South of France around Montpellier, Toulon, Avignon, Nice and Aix en Prevence.
French Courses Include:
- Diagnostic assessment on the first day of your course
- Personalised materials, selected by the host tutor for each course
- Two afternoon activities per week
- Certificate of Attendance
- 24-hour student helpline