Medical EnglishProfessional English Specialisations
Focus on communicating with patients and colleagues at all levels
- 30 Years of ExperienceTens of thousands of bespoke language courses successfully designed and delivered
- InCover™ IncludedComprehensive protection for hosts and students. Always included and always free.
- Fully Accredited CoursesFor assured quality and peace of mind
PROFESSIONAL & BUSINESS
Medical English is becoming increasingly important for medical professionals looking to work internationally and who need to focus on communicating with patients and colleagues at all levels. This English course designed for Medical professionals focuses primarily on communicating with patients, but also with fellow medical professionals.
Who is it for?
Designed for Medical professionals to enable them with the practical communication skills they need to operate successfully in English in their work environment.
- We can help you with IELTS exam preparation required to work in an English company
- Minimum 1 week. Available to start every week of the year
- All in one course: Full-board accommodation in comfortable home
- Focus on language skills you need to improve your effectiveness
Our tutors can Areas and skills covered include topics using case studies drawn from real-life scenarios such as:
• Consultations and taking a medical history
• Conducting physical examinations
• Patient care and bedside manner and breaking bad news
• Dealing with difficult patients and conditions
• Medical Conferences
|Sunday||Arrival||Arrival and settling in||Dinner and meeting the family|
|Monday||Needs analysis & course design. Grammar review||Discover the local area||Traditional fish and chips supper. Presentation preparation|
|Tuesday||Presentation delivery. Pronunciation & fluency focus||Diary writing & punctuation. Free time in the local area||Dinner & relax with family. Visit to the local pub|
|Wednesday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving medical writing skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit the Natural History Museum||Dinner & relax with the family. Presentation preparation|
|Thursday||Presentation delivery. Focus on discourse markers||Focus on grammar & accuracy. Free time in the local area||Dinner & film night with the family. Diary writing|
|Friday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving listening skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit to the Royal College Of Physicians||Dinner & relax with the family. Evening walk|
|Saturday||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Dinner & relax with the family. Diary writing|
All courses include:
- First day level assessment
- Personalised study materials
- End of Course Report with recommendations for future study
- Personalised social activities
- Certificate of Attendance
- Student web Portal
- Free transfers from the local station
- Free Wifi
- 24-hour student helpline
Study a language where it's spoken
Choose to learn English in a teacher's home in a city like London, Edinburgh, Dublin or New York, or in the beautiful English countryside.
English courses in:
Malta, USA, Canada, Australia, South Africa, France, Italy, Netherlands...