English Exam PreparationYour exam is too important to fail
Our Intensive English Exam Preparation Courses will help you get the best possible result in your chosen English exam.
- 30 Years of ExperienceTens of thousands of bespoke language courses successfully designed and delivered
- InCover™ IncludedComprehensive protection for hosts and students. Always included and always free.
- Fully Accredited CoursesFor assured quality and peace of mind
English Exam Preparation Course
Our Exam Preparation courses are aimed at helping students develop their language skills and techniques for specific, internationally-recognised examinations.
Our host tutors provide a mature and experienced approach to every training programme, focussing on the key skills development and outcomes required. They have the knowledge and experience to help you quickly and accurately prepare for your examination.
Who is it for?
Our typical student is someone who is highly motivated and needs to learn fast. We have many Cambridge English exam students, particularly IELTS, but also attract students studying for other entrance exams like the Baccalaureate and Prepa in France, and the Linguaskill for Business Examination.
We also provide preparation for the TOEIC and TOEFL exams.
Our Exam Preparation courses provide you with the opportunity to study alongside an experienced exam trainer, who will assess and guide you through the exam preparation process.
- One-to-one lessons from an experienced English language exam trainer
- Rapid, accurate progress
- A course delivered just for your needs, at your precise level and at the optimal speed
- Outside formal lessons, social excursions and activities help to develop your broader language skills
- Choose your start date – every Sunday, all year round
Every English Exam Preparation course is 100% personalised to the student's precise requirements. Courses will cover all core language areas:
The tutor will develop a bespoke plan to aid your preparation for your chosen examination, based on the curriculum concerned.
|Sunday||Arrival||Arrival and settling in||Dinner and meeting the family|
|Monday||Needs analysis & course design. Grammar review matched to your exam syllabus||
Exam Technique work
Discover the local area
|Traditional fish and chips supper. Exam preparation|
|Tuesday||Past Paper Exam practice. Pronunciation & fluency focus for Oral Exam||Writing skills & punctuation. Free time in the local area||Dinner & relax with family. Visit to the local pub|
|Wednesday||Grammar & vocabulary building. Improving writing skills||
Excursion with your tutor: visit to the coast
|Dinner & relax with the family. Exam preparation|
|Thursday||Exam techniques and tips. Mock exam with review with tutor||Focus on grammar & accuracy. Free time in the local area||Dinner & film night with the family. Diary writing|
|Friday||Grammar & vocabulary skills. Improving listening skills||
Final review of exam plus tips and techniques
Excursion with your tutor: visit to a local castle
|Dinner & relax with the family. Evening walk|
|Saturday||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Dinner & relax with the family. Diary writing|
All English Exam Preparation courses include:
- Pre-course and end-of-course assessment
- Personalised study materials, selected by the host tutor for each course. Includes a course book for the student to keep at the end of the course
- End of Course Report with recommendations for future study
- Certificate of Attendance
- 24-hour student helpline
Study a language where it's spoken
Choose to learn English in a teacher's home in a city like London, Edinburgh, Dublin or New York, or in the beautiful English countryside.
English courses in:
Malta, USA, Canada, Australia, South Africa, France, Italy, Netherlands...